Welcome to The Orange Groves
The Orange Groves is a donation supported podcast network with the goal to host and support smaller creators and lift up marginalized voices, as well as foster a community where creators can help and learn from each other. Listener donations go toward hosting costs, artwork, music, and promotion for the programs.
Hosting programs by marginalized creators allows listeners to hear themselves represented in the shows they listen to. The Orange Groves has a focus on expanding and housing more and more podcasts from new voices and creators that have stories to tell about who they are or how media affects them.
HOW to donate
Donations are collected through Patreon, a monthly content creator platform. By supporting TOG on Patreon you will get access to exclusive content including content that didn’t make final episodes and test pilots.
It is our goal to host the kind of programs that are underrepresented in media. Those voices who wouldn’t have the opportunity otherwise to be heard. If you would like your podcast to be hosted by TOG or pitch a show to TOG, get in touch with us here.
Join Andrew and Marn as they get lost on an island with nothing to do but talk about OXENFREE! Marn figures out radio waves to decipher voicemails. Andrew AABCEEELLMORSSSTTVX. Both face the millennial fear of making a phone call.
Be sure to check out our bonus episode over at International Podcast Month!
Find out more at https://argonauts.pinecast.co
andrew is a reading spooky stuff
Cam and Jory were big fans of wrestling during the Attitude Era and are now back watching the WWE 15 years later! Weekly recaps, thoughts, and goofs about PPV’s, Raw, and Smackdown!
Go home week for Clash of Champions in MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!! We get great King of the Ring semifinals matches, weird PPV setups, and a bloated card!
Join the Casual Discussion on Discord!
Follow us on Twitter at @CWFPcast!
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.
The music in this episode is Eyes by Walmaster from their Phantom EP.
Buy Interstitial: Our Hearts Intertwined, Riley’s now finished Kingdom Hearts inspired Powered by the Apocalypse table-top RPG at Linksmith Games.
Follow this episode’s hosts on Twitter:
Goodbye, Maroon! Thanks for the good times! We give a final send-off to our reddish pal with a last look at the album and a few better ways to listen to it. Afterwards, we review the concert/tour/??? documentary, Barenaked In America!
Get yourself some IABD shirts! Wear a logo on your chest!
Catch us on the ‘net!:
In this Episode, I focus on various smaller riots and actions of the LGBTQ+ community that took place in the 1960s prior to Stonewall, as well as covering the Stonewall Riots.
Sources Used in this Episode
- Sides, Josh. Erotic City: Sexual Revolutions and the Making of Modern San Francisco. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- The Council of Religion and the Homosexual. The LGBT Religious Archives Network. Online Exhibit. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Vicki L. Eaklor. “Gay Rights Movement, US.” Social Sciences and History. GLBTQ Encyclopedia Archives, GLBTQ Inc: (2008), 1.
- Martin Duberman. Stonewall. (New York, NY: Plume Books: 1994), 194.
- http://www.nyclgbtsites.org/site/picket-at-the-great-hall-cooper-union-second-ever-u-s-gay-rights-protest/ 7.mhttp://www.nyclgbtsites.org/site/picket-in-front-of-u-s-army-building-first-ever-u-s-gay-rights-protest/
- Faderman, Lillian. Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America. New York, NY: Columbia University Press, 1991.
- Faderman, Lillian. The Gay Revolution. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster, 2016.
- STEIN, MARC. 2019. “A Theory of Revolution for the Riots.” Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide 26 (3): 19–20.
- “The Black Cat.” 2009. Advocate, no. 1023 (February): 23.
- BONDY, RENÉE. 2018. “Revisiting the Stonewall Narrative.” Herizons 32 (2): 10–11.
- Jerome Rodriguez, 2017. “Randy Wicker, Unsung Hero in LGBT-Rights Movement.” LGBT History Month. Philadelphia Gay News (Oct-27-Nov. 2): 13.
- “Randolfe “Randy” Wicker. 2007. “Speaking ‘Truth to Power’” Gay & Lesbian Times, Uptown Publications.
Looking for more Queer and POC comics and not sure where to start? Sequentially is a monthly podcast that explores the exciting world of webcomics and indie comics.
In a monthly format, Day, a long-time comics reader and general all around nerd will be diving into new comics that have diverse representation through a mix of personal storytelling, review, analysis, and interviews with comics creators themselves. If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about web comics and independently published comics, this is the podcast for you.
Links for today’s comics:
Judy if you’re out there please text back
Check out the lyrics at Genius.com, please sponsor us.
Tweet about the show using #FOBcast
Listen to the FOBcast Pairing Playlist here!
Join The Orange Groves Discord Server to talk with us about FOB or literally anything else!
Kat and Sahana just want to give poor puppy dog Jacob a hug after reading Chapter 18 of New Moon.
In This Episode: Lesbian vampire oral sex, gal pal sleepover, Bella Swan does it again, traveling for self care, being naked at a funeral.
Whoops we’re too busy this month, here’s some bonus content! Jo learns about Dutch Guilt, Rayne learns about the “hit or miss” video, and fun is had by all.
E-mail us questions or ideas for future topics at email@example.com
Join our discussions in the Orange Groves Discord Server!
Our theme music is Big Trucks by I Believe in Julio.